Press kit for MerTales: Mermaid Rescue
About the Game
Based on characters from the MerTales book series, MerTales: Mermaid Rescue is a gentle RPG that encourages gamers to use problem solving skills to move through 3 unique mazes. Gamers play as 9-year-old mermaid Pearl Periwinkle, making their way through the undersea village of Cockleshell Cove in order to find Pearl’s missing seahorse, Silverdust.
Using her magical ability of talking to animals, Pearl must help out different sea animals like piratefish, dolphins, sea turtles and more to solve riddles, gather objects and collect keys to pass through gates.
- Navigate 3 different mazes: the Weeded Wood, Seagrass Meadow and Bluebottle Gully as you search for Pearl’s missing seahorse, Silverdust.
- Zero violence or threatening elements.
- No time limits or pressures. Players can take their time solving riddles and completing mini quests by fetching various objects for sea animals Pearl meets on her travels.
- Three player slots so multiple games can be saved at once.
- Fun and engaging wordplay reflective of the text used in the books.
- Educational riddles and facts about the ocean and its inhabitants.
Game design, artwork & programming
Music sourced from audiojungle.net. Music by Pash-tet, Mocanos, GentleJammers, idanyi & Roaring Lion Music.